The following is a detail page of Virtual Grub Street's Adware & Malware Identifier Index:
The information in the Adware & Malware Identifier Index is the result of thousands of web searches. It can not, however, possibly be complete. The subject is vast and constantly changing. Moreover, vendor uninstall tools and other removal tools do not necessarily remove all of an infection from your computer. Vendor uninstall tools, for instance, may silently leave cookies or other tracking software installed. It is suggestible to follow up a removal with one or more adware scans and/or to do an inspection using a HijackThis log. The information on the page is not guaranteed correct and any use you may choose to make of it is entirely at your own risk. ISTBar, SideFind
- Associated Worms/Trojans: W32.IST [Panda]; Win32.IstBar.ap; Win32.IstBar.bp; Win32.IstBar.bm; Win32.Istbar.bo; Win32.Istbar.bu; Win32.Istbar.bx; Win32/IstBar.ce [Computer Associates]; W32/Istbar.CK@dl [F-Prot]; Win32.Istbar.cl; Win32.Istbar.dh; Win32.Istbar.dr; Win32.IstBar.e [Kaspersky]; Win32.Istbar.eo; Win32.IstBar.gen [Kaspersky]; Win32.IstBar.gu [Kaspersky]; Win32.IstBar.i; W32/Istbar.MY [NORMAN]; Win32.IstBar.p[Kaspersky]; Win32.Istbar.u; Win32/PMagic.A [Computer Associates].
- Executable Files: l9lecc.exe; istsvc.exe; bb.exe; bundlernetscape.exe; crack.exe; dust.exe; games.exe; iinstall.exe; iinstall19866.exe; installs.exe; ist.exe; ist1.exe; istdownload.exe; istinstall_154074.exe; istinstall_netscape.exe; optimize.exe; scan.exe; penmzp.exe; sidefind.exe; srcle32.exe; ssdbkup.exe; start.exe; uveu42at.exe; ymhfvu.exe.
- Dynamic Link Libraries: acsproxy.dll; cmctl.dll; flashplayer.dll; fwntoolbar.dll; gzlib.dll; istbar.dll; imgconv.dll; intrigue.dll; istactivex.dll; istbar_mainstream.dll; istbarcm.dll; lhqibp.dll; mediaaccc.dll; nem218.dll; sfbho.dll; sidefind.dll; srchbar.dll; vic32.dll; ysbactivex.dll.
- Directory/Search Page:
- Uninstall page URL:
- Related Articles: Fighting Malware with Standard Windows Tools (February 25, 2007). You may have more in your bag of tricks than you realize. How to Remove ISearchTech.SideFind; ISearchTech.SideFind Update (08-27-05); How to Remove YourSiteBar; Important Removal Tool Note.
- Notes: According to the Spyware Information Center, this infection is also known as: "DownloadPlus and SearchBarCash-Hijacker. ISTbar/MSCache is also known as MSUpdates\MSCache., Trj/W32.IST[Panda], TrojanDownloader.Win32.IstBar.e[Kaspersky], Spyware/ISTbar[Panda], TrojanDownloader.Win32.IstBar.p[Kaspersky], Trojan Horse[Panda], Adware/nCase[Panda], Win32/IstBar.ce!Downloader[Computer Associates], TrojanDownloader.Win32.IstBar.t[Kaspersky], Win32/PMagic.A!Trojan[Computer Associates], TrojanDownloader.Win32.IstBar.p, actalert.exe, W32/Istbar.CK@dl [F-Prot], Trojan-Downloader.Win32.IstBar.gu [Kaspersky], Adware-ISTbar [McAfee], W32/Istbar.MY [NORMAN]". All variants use a corresponding variant of the TrojanDownloader.Win32.IstBar. ISTBar may download various other parasites while installed. These items may have to be removed separately.
- Most versions of this infection can now be removed by using Spybot S&D.
VGS encourages you to post comments about the service it offers, and, in particular, about your experiences with the removal tools suggested in its pages. Removal tool comments will be most effective in helping those who come after you if you post them to the individual detail page for the malware item you used the tool to remove. Please be as clear and as detailed as possible. The most effective comments might include such information as: 1) What browser and operating system you are are running on your computer (i.e. Windows 98, NT, XP, Linux, Internet Explorer 6.0, Firefox); 2) What updates are installed (i.e. SP1, SP2); 3) What anti-virus/malware package(s) are resident in your computer; and 4) the actions you took in the order you took them.