Intro. Pocket KillBox is a freeware product created by Option^Explicit Software Solutions. It removes "files that stubbornly refuse to allow you to delete them." It includes features to bulk-delete temporary and dummy files. Pocket KillBox is designed to interface with Microsoft-based area networks.
Versions. -- 22.214.171.1243; 126.96.36.199.
Latest Version Covered: 188.8.131.523: July 22, 2005.
File Size. KillBox.zip: 55.5KB; KillBox.exe 58KB.
File Type. -- ASP
Most recent update. July 22, 2005
Compatible Operating Systems: --
Compatible Browsers: --
Warning: Pocket KillBox includes a wide range of Windows Service tools which should be reviewed by system administrators before download.
Downloads. Pocket KillBox can be downloaded from the following locations:
- http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/killbox.php (Version 184.108.40.2063);
- http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/spyware/KillBox.zip (direct download Version 220.127.116.113);
- http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/util/files/KillBox.zip (Version 18.104.22.168).
The following example instructions for Pocket KillBox are taken from the download page at BleepingComputer:
- Download this file, extract it, and run the killbox.exe file.
- When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X).
- It will prompt you to reboot, allow it to do so, and hopefully your file will now be deleted.
Other VGS Freeware/Trialware Information Pages: